Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ART ALERT II - Alex McLeod's Dark And Whimsical Worlds



I am totally entwined in exploring art online lately, symptomatic of my general ennui I suppose, and looking for (at least) visual stimulation.

I saw this on Huffington Post* a couple of weeks ago, but just ran across it again and continued to explore the work of Canadian Alex McLeod's amazing digital work. Blown glass & miniatures? Nay, my artsy friends. Digital, all digital.

BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE ABOVE IMAGES TO SEE THEM REALLY BIG!

You can see his bio and fairly small images (but more of them) at Angell Gallery in Toronto website.

But, for now, enjoy a collection of large images at the Huffpost

* Arianna Huffington recently sold her transformational News/Blog source The Huffington Post to AOL, and I'm not sure how I feel about it - at all. I've relied on the Huffpost for worldview news, domestic news from all sides of the political spectrum, as well as enjoying information on style, art,health, travel, entertainment, etc. So far, it seems, mostly the indexes have beem revised, i.e. Arts is now part of Style, etc., but I've noticed the insertion of such categories as "Celebrity Babies"....ugh. Not that I'm above a little mindless drivel (hell I spent years watching "Entertainment Tonight" after work), but this doesn't bode well for a trusted news source. Was it worth the bazillions Arianna?

No comments:

Post a Comment